Sunday, February 06, 2005

Lazy little pig!

Yah, tts me! Getting so damn lazy nowadays. I use to blog everyday, dutifully without fail. And the intervals between my blog entries are getting ridiculously loooooong. Someone, nudge me!! Before i change my mind (tt is to press e cancel butt cos of pure laziness), i think i shld blog down a few significant changes that are worth memo-ing abt.

Last wednesday, i made my final decision of not to continue working for CNETAsia. The dreary, neverending routines, though comforting cos of its familarity, are turning into phobias. I can no longer find any interest in designing leaderboards, mpus, skyscraper(online ads), edms(electronic direct mailer), microsites(nightmare!!). I realised that i had unconsciously began to remember e exact widths and heights for e diff kinds of ad banners, and tt certain layout for all e ads would pop up in my mind while designing e ads. If i stay there any longer, all my creative juices are gonna run DRY. I envision myself as some lao kok kok shrivelled up in my office seat, , gnarled hand clicking away with e mouse, still doing e same things i did 30 yrs ago. How scary is that? That wednesday, Siva(my supervisor) walked past my desk and casually asked me "Hey Lisuan, you contract is ending soon right?" I gave a "yah" as a reply. Before i could add on, he nodded his head, smiled and hurried away. I decided tt i had to tell him right now..lest hes already in e midst of preparing another contract!! So when i saw him retreating to his own cubicle and heard e creak of his roller chair beneath his weight, i popped over and told him "Hey Siva, i'm not gonna continue after e contract ends(which is on e 13th), decided to further my music studies. He looked suprised and then managed a polite smile " Oh, u arent gonna continue?" I reaffirmed my decision and he nodded. Feeling as if a huge stone had been lifted from my shoulders(cos i had been mulling over this issue of how to break it to him), i trotted back to my cubicle:P And its realli very qiao, 2 of my colleagues are oso leaving e company. One had laready left last fri, me and my colleague(whos oso a designer) are leaving on e same day:P I felt a twinge of guilt as i guess tt they would be shorthanded again. The people in e company are real nice, especially my senior, who had patiently taught and helped me on alot of stuff, from css, to typography, layout, photoshop effects and techniques. My dept are a close knitted family, and they always stick up for one another, for e past 8 months i've been working there, i haven spot one disagreement or differences amongst ourselves. I can safely say that zilch politics occured in my dept. Whereas in other depts, i cant say for sure..shrugs*Man..i hate politics. Yup..so when i go back on mon to collect my junk i had brought to e office to make myself at home(e softtoys, biscuits, cup, etc), we are gonna go for a farewell lunch. I will miss e comfortable environment for sure, but i know that i shld move on in life as this is not my passion, i cant remain in my comfort zone all my life.. i needa kick myself in e butt, get a move on life. Finish my graded music exams..and step into my music career, i know i belong there, i just need e motivation tt i'm seriously lacking now.

Okay, now to e less sombre stuff, me and yuhua were planning Qingqing and Meitian'a bdae celebration since e last two weeks. And without hesitation, i can tell you tt planning for stuff realli is TIRING, mentally DRAINING!! From brainstorming of e pressies to get..e places to go, to e pressie budget..who much each shld contribute, how to collect all e money before we can get e pressies, by e time we sort out e issues, i'm already alf-dead:P Trust me..its not as easy as it seems, objections are sure to be raised amongst us, and final descisions are often hard to make due to e two cents worth of everybody. I had often felt like i was "dictating" when i try to take charge, dun like tt feeling:S So e next birthday, change people k? Me tired:P, though e sense of satisfaction (tt everything worked out in e end) was overwhelming :P We bought levis jeans for Qing, and my, she has realli nice legs, envy* Levis clung to her legs as if it was made especially for her:) And Meitian's reaction to her pressie( 2 winter white hamsters-a black and a white in a pink jap cage) was so delightful to us:P She sort of yelped in suprise when she saw, hope u like e pressie girl! We had lunch in california bistro and Baoxing bought a fruit cake from Angie's Choice. Farnie, my fren Eve(not realli sound:P), just told me to gorge on Angie Choice cakes e day before. Such coincidence!

After e meal, e guys went off as they needa book into camp, poor souls:P. As for us..we headed down town in search for manicure services. Did it together with Jinny, i wanted yellow at first, Jinny wanted a dark red-purple. They did not have yellow:( so i chose a similar shade of Jinny's. and ended up having more goothic nails then her:D Nice nice, but ex!!! Ended e day with more shopping..Jinny and Flora went off, Qing too. Meitian bought pretty pointed shoes, argh, i was so damn tempted right then, but ahem, managed to curb e devil in me grinz* I like e tops yuhua and meitian bought in EBASE, very retro, theres this big Y shape stretching from e middle of e neckline till e base of e blouse, i would have like tt design on my pointed shoes, i told them:P I bought Bengawan Solo cashew nut cookies at 11 dollars in e Taka CNY food fair. E four Season's melted cashew cookies was super delicious!! But it was a freaking 16 dollars for a jar, i gave up, too ex lar..cnot make it. Yuhua and Meitian bought sugared melon strips, ginger and mango slices, i ate many of e samples! hehe, nice:P I would have wanted to shop more..if not for my damn 6cm heels, my feet were burning like hell, super duper pain! To conclude, wellllll, today was a fun day:) Some pics for u to c below!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stupid xuan!! since when i m not sound???!! arrghhh... aint i entertaining?? hahahaaa... n u oso love the angie's sponge cake rite?? so pls my advice to u is........ juz gorge on angie's-the-choice stuff as much as possbile la huh... i m not kidding.... n lastly... i have bo liao/insane friend lk xuan!!!!! hahahaa... u still have the receipe from me de hor.. so better treat me nicer loh~~ lalalalaaaa

-eve-

10:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home