Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My 23rd Birthday in wonderful company.=)

Me, the kind of person who likes to celebrate birthdays. Not in the big scale cocktail, clubbing kind of party.0_o but rather in the company of a few shou dao bu neng shou de hao jie meis. The circumstances in which we come to know each other were kind of strange. okay. maybe with e exception of my dear cousin. Yunru is the friend of tml, whom Jing got to know thru tml. and I got to know yunru and tml thru Jing. They are all secondary schoolmates. while i was connected to them thru Jing.=)
Tml, and Jing, plus me went back a long way. We knew each other when we were just in primary school. haha. Still remembered the times when we played monster in Jing's old flat. We switched off the lights in the room. Ah San was the monster and imagine the glee and fun we had back then, to think of it, i could still remember that I was actually feeling scared in that silly game!! Why would us kids be scared of our dear ah san?? Damn amused by the thought of it. Though we dont really go to school together, or go out for movies together, we would still occasionally go out for ktv sessions and jap sushi. hahas. after all these years! our ktv history goes a long way back. when we were in sec one/two. still remember tml choosing that hei shan lao yao! omy goodness.=D Me and Jing were too amused to even say anything and laughed ourselves silly while tml was oblivious to our giggles, enjoying that hei shan lao yao song. rotf. heh. This strange kind of r/s between us 3 survived till today. Wont ever feel awkward, even after not meeting for like months.=)
Miss Yunru is another one who I can really feel at ease with. Not really shopping or movie khakis, but we could really relate or tune in to each other, be it r/s stuff, relationships between people, the philosophical stuffs u know that I would seldom talk to other people about lest they view me as a freak or too serious a person u know. She does wonders for my inner peace.=)
I am really glad to be having them as company for my birthday la. We went to ellenborough market cafe for dinner buffet and had a great time chatting, talking non-sense... with tml around, sure will be lively de.=D Wasnt really tt fantastic as raved by the bloggers. But with a 5o% disc, it was worth it.=) The worth mentioning food items were the sashimi, black pepper crayfish, steamed fish, durian mousse pudding, topshells and the DIY kueh pietee! Choco fondue fountain was a disappointment though. there wasnt any strawberries and the chocolate was abit too bitter and watery for my liking. There was quite a variety of desserts though. Breadpudding, cheesecakes, moussecakes, cookies, local desserts like burbur hitam, peanut cream and sweet potato with fungus soup, apple pie etc. And my dearest uncle from amritaspas got me a estee lauder perfume!! Pleasures Delight. Really v gan dong can. Only knew him for 4 months and he dotes on me.=P Love u uncle!! Will really miss him if i decide to quit. Tts my only pressie eh. But strangely, I really do not mind at all. Not tt I would mind receiving presents la. HINT.
What matters is that these 3 devils actually make an effort to celebrate for me and people like uncle care! =) Sniffs* Nina and piggy and candy sent me bdae wishes too. and i forgot to mention, I got my earliest birthday wish at 12.23am! Thanks mister!! Happy gal*
time for eye feast! Ta Daaaaaaaaa.

4 little babes! Jingjing and Tml with me and Yunru


eating the the not so yummy choco fondue with pineapple


I dunno why, but i really look like a rat here.


The yummy durian pengat!


fishy oysters, cold prawns and not so nice scallops
(got tt flacid orange part round the white flesh)
My favourite dish - thick translucent sashimi slices. oishi!!




The salad bar. Potato salad and mushroom salad are my favourites.
Pasta wasnt done to my liking, it being too starchy, doesnt have that bouncy qq bite to it.


desserts. Not really pretty here. =) Breadbutter pudding and apple crumble was good.
Whee. An hour well spent! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home