Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Sandwiches and salad making =)

Things behind e counter are definately more interesting then being a runner =D. Sometimes i realli think that i'm nuts. Study so much and yet i go work as a crew in cafe cartel. Y don't i go find design freelance to do? Since i had already put 3 years of blood, sweat into completing my design diploma. HaIZ. To be honest..i realli prefer working in cafe cartel..maybe i should have took my mom's advice and go into e hospitality and management course in TP. I hate to admit..but my mom has great foresight. The things that she suggest, will always end up as the paths that i will choose in the future. I'm lucky that she let me learn music, ballet. Regretted not continuing my ballet.

Recap recap..my lst day behind the counter was really fun and disastrous. Alot of salad and sandwich combinations to remember. The orders kept popping out and my trainer whos younger then me..and oso a nypian is a real expert at whipping out the stuff without refering to the S.O.P--> recipe book. While i was still fumbling with the chicken chef salad, he had already placed together one tender chix ciabatta sandwich and another triple decker. We slice eggs using a fishing line, v fun! But i end up with uneven..realli uneven quarters:D and he teased me, saying tt my eggs got pattern de, one big quarter one small, another big quarter, one small..i'm seriously lacking in e culinary skills department. I squished e tomatoes when i try to cut them, he had to explain to me how to prevent tt. My lettuce base was not stable, it was to be in e shape of a dome..but everything keep slipping off! stupid leafs. -_-'' i puty the unlucky soul who chose to order chicken chef salad when i'm on duty =D..he gets to taste my flat flat lettuce dome, uneven egg quarters, squished tomatos! Miraculously, i passed the quiz given by the assistant manager! I manage to remember e recipes and names of e veggies, meats, sauces after a short two days training..yay!! My other trainer on my 2nd day who was teaching me kept hugging the cashier after tt..they are a realli funny bunch of people, so cute =) Everything still looks so delicious to me..even when they claim that you wont wanna eat e foods in there after awhile..make for pple but you will feel like puking =D..no leh..i'm e exception, i still like to eat. Pinch food here and there=D I wanna learn how to make pancakes and waffles. Going back tmr again..and looking forward to meeting them crazy bunch!

PS: Realli am gonna miss them when i get transferred to marina square after my training. Am considering not to switch oso..c how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home