Thursday, May 12, 2005

I'm now a Loreal BA :D

Just reached home 2hrs ago, its my lst day at work as a Loreal BA promoting hair color, new series --> Excellence Creme. Went for training on tuesday and i'm always very suay in balloting stuff, i got causeway point watson instead of e much coveted Bishan junction 8!! Faints. I need 45 mins to get there ! :(

Everything seems quite cool for now, cos lst day is always very interesting :D I encountered all kinds of scenarios, very refreshing change of work environment for a change! You realli have to shui ji ying bian and talk impromtu, any slower reaction or stuttering would drive e customers away..haha, being glib is not my forte lehz. Meet all kinds of people.. from e aunties to e early 30s to our age grp and secondary-poly students. I love e aunties most! They are all so kind and he ai ke qing! They Smile at you when u explain to them why loreal is good, and they are patient too, they listen to you explain, they listen to you reccomending suitable shades, and best of all, they take your advice of color shades! Haha..i always feel so accomplished when they take my reccomended color! oops :D, of cos i never bluff them lah, if got grey hair then must take the darker shades, more coverage then e lighter ones. I dun like the students! I try to explain to them. Their face turn black " I nvr ask for help leh, can dun disturb me " tt kinda look! I mean, okay i can understand why, cos u scared tt i'll force you to buy..but i never leh, i think i sound realli friendly lor, and i'm secretly ppuking at my "sweet voice" :D got high and lows de, got tt act cute sound! yucks! And at least if you dun want to listen you can just smile and say i'll look ard myself" instead of gesturing me away with your hands..ezcuse me..not a servant you know! Show some basic manners at least, be more gracious! omygod, i feel like a saint with all that preaching :D

Okie, the worse kinda people! Those that treat you as transparent beings! You feel like u are talking to e air instead of them! They dun respond, they dun look at you, so rude!! pls lor..and they say singapore is a gracious society, far from it okie.

Promoting is realli not an easy task..always see those cosmetic promtoers talk non-stop, no breaks in between, just lines and lines of introducing their stuff..think i still benben..i can say till half way and start stuttering, as in finding the correct word to continue my sentence with, and the customer would look at me fumbling haha :X I onli manage to hit half my sales quota..suppose to sell 29 one day..i onli sold 14 today..hope tmr would be a better day as stocks are goin to be replenished..i have onli 5 colors left for today..mouth talk till so dry! can i can feel my feet pads burning, the feet bones digging into my flesh..ouch. I stand for 8 hrs plus today okie! without sitting down even once.

Lets hope tt i can sound more convincing tommorrow..i need the commission tt i can get :)

2 Comments:

Blogger candy said...

being a promoter is like that one. stand everyday for more than 10 hours. have to get used to it~ after 3 days u will get used to it liaoz~ tts wad happened to me last time also.

hmm..sometimes you got to think of customers point of view ba. most people dont like promoters approaching them, so you got to see on the spot if they dont like then dont talk to them lo.~~ if u talk to them and they talk to you kekekez then talk more

9:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but some people look fierce, but when i talk to tyhem, they ask qns, i cannot differentiate some! But e realli obvious ones are thse who quickly shoot past u, faints:D

Xuan

10:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home