Wednesday, October 06, 2004

MRT underpass = life?

Just had to blog this down, it struck me e day before yesterday.

I was heading home when i walked thru e linkway between the nel and the southeast line. The linkway was damn crowded, i had to keep dodging people, searching for ways to create openings to push through the pulsing mass of people.

E process i went through in e linkway:

Lots of people pushed past me, making me sort of lose my balance and momentum of heading forward to my destination.

Before i could head forward, i had to dodge people and avoid being pushed back.
Then i realised that i can't just stay at the spot and simply guard against e relentless crowd, cos i would never move on so....

i begin to get out of this rut and look for ways to walk forward, for gaps between people so that i could squeeze thru e gaps and get forward, nearer and nearer to my destination...

sometimes, the gap between e two persons was closed before i could squeeze thru them.

sometimes, the gap was accessed by another person who was quicker in action then me, not neccessary by sight, maybe in action...or he might have spotted e gap much later then me...onli that he got lucky as he was nearer to e gap then me.

sometimes i got thru the gap onli to be pushed back by a forceful guy walking thru the same gap but in e opposite direction( towards me)

so many setbacks and do i stop trying? no right..i would get stuck there forever, and never reached home.

so i kept searching more more gaps, more roads to push forward. sometimes i succeed in making progress, sometimes i don't, and i keep trying till i finalli reach the other side of the linkway.

I suddenly realised that this everyday process that i had to go thru, was so similiar to life. The gaps are like opportunities..there are always plenty of them...and u take on the opportunities u spot in life, most of the time, you meet with lots of setbacks, but if your perserverance and will( like u know u need to get home) is strong enough, you will keep trying and trying...meet alot of failures but there will also be times when u succeed until you reach your final destination.

Yup, i get reminded of this whenever i go on my "gap spotting" routine everyday in the linkway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home