Friday, October 15, 2004

The second time I sang at Ark.

Its been quite awhile since that fateful day. Me and Yuhua went for its audition. I had been doubting what the others had said " A few more times and you will be better." I mean, how can you ever perform on stage..totally at ease just after a few measly times? This was my second time on stage singing..yup, and strangely the above line did seem to make some sense, though not completely true. I WAS scared, but not as much as e previous time. Think the major factor that contribute to calming my nerves was tt I practised close to an hour in some deserted staircase inside Apollo centre haHA.

Think that i'm looney right?? I actualli had the guts to practise in a deserted staircase where lechers and bad guys might lurk, passer-bys might stare but not have the guts to sing on stage!! Sometimes, I realli wonder at myself ha.

So for an hour, i sung Jolin's song along with my mini ipod and i felt much better after my singing voice is warmed up. When its almost time for me to go back for e audition thingy, i took a deep breath and walked back, wondering how am i gonna fare later on.

I actualli felt nothing when Leon(one of Ark's singers) was interviewing me on stage..think i blew it, cos i simply gave short replies for every qns he attempted to ask, and in e end, he sorta gave up haha:P

BUT! when he left me on e stage to sing, at that moment, i could feel my heart pulsing, faster and faster, and next, my throat clamped up, shucks, and i forgot my lyrics!! lol. SiGHZ.

The song starts, trying my very best to keep my voice steady, i sung e lst phrase of e song, suprisingly, without e help of my blanked out mind, my mouth actualli begin to mouth out the lyrics, i dun think i tried to remember..i just opened my mouth and e words came out, what a wonder! Thats e better part...e bad news is that, my voice and hands were shaking like mad, e harder i grip e mike, e more my hands begin to shake at a steady rate LO, a new and unique" voice vibrato" appeared in my singing lol. Not on purpose, i couldn help vibrato-ing, throat clamped up so voice was shaking..hmm but i tried my best to support my voice..to shift my concentration of fearing to e technique of singing. Think that it helped, though i was still shaking, although i still could not hold my notes and sing in a steady voice on stage, it was a real big improvement in my case...Hmm, still can't sing in a powerful voice on stage, my throat would cut off e air supply suddenly, choking off my voice, damnz.I am certain that i would not get through as there are many experienced singers coming to this audition, but i'm truly happy with my improvement(not performance), e next time..i just hope that my throat would not fail on me. hee and that my fear would not come creeping back on me ever!! again.

I rate my singing voice on a stage...hmm, a 30% of my original voice:P 10% better. So if i sing 7 more times on stage i will get better i hope:P.

Yuhua sang beautifully as usual, no fault realli, e same as wat she normally sings. I an really sure that she will get in. Kudos to her!

Listened to ark singers sing after our audition, hope to have that kinda ease that i saw in them on stage, be it singing, presentation, violin or dancing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home